What this Policy Covers.
- TRUSTe is the leading global Data Privacy Management (DPM) company and powers trust in the data economy by enabling businesses to safely collect and use customer data across web, mobile, cloud and advertising channels.
- The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, www.stickK.com. The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first Contact Us. In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal above. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here.
- stickK complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. stickK has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view stickK’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Information Collected by stickK. We collect the following types of information from stickK users:
- . We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use stickK services you must create an account by completing a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name, email address and, if applicable, your employer’s Affiliate Code).
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information in your User Profile. This information may include your location, your birth date and your interests. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your User Profile.
- Contract Creation: To create a Commitment Contract a user provides a variety of information outlining the details of their goal; this information varies widely depending on the nature of the goal to which the user is committing. If you choose to use Commitment Stakes, as defined in the Terms and Conditions of a Commitment Contract, then stickK will collect payment information (such as credit card number, expiration date, or bank account numbers for Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers).
- Tell-A-Friend: A user may choose to identify a friend, colleague, or similar third party through our Supporter, Referee or Invite-a-friend functions. If a user does so we will collect that individual’s email address. We will automatically send your friend an email, and if necessary, a reminder email inviting him or her to visit the website. stickK stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this email and any related reminder emails and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may Contact Us to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Orders: If you purchase a product or service through stickK, then stickK will collect billing information (such as credit card number, expiration date, or bank account numbers) and address information (such as name, email address, and shipping address).
- Blogs: If you use a blog on stickK, then you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
- . We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. stickK and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, stickK cookie information, queries and the page you requested and store it in log files. stickK uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website. stickK may collect and, on any page, display various aggregate counts of the times that pages have been viewed. This includes User Profile pages. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve our services and site functionality.
Use of information by stickK. stickK uses your information to contact you about your Commitment Contract(s); to bill users who have agreed to post Commitment Stakes or purchase products through the site; to fulfill product orders; to contact you about stickK-related news, features, products, surveys, promotions, updates and/or special offers; to facilitate social networking (e.g. friend requests and notifications, creating groups of users with similar goals, or referee and supporter requests); to serve ads tailored to your stated interests and goals; and, without using personal information, to analyze and report success trends.
- Based upon the personal information that you provide to us, we will send you a welcome email after you have registered with stickK. stickK may send out emails in response to your inquiries, to manage your account and to facilitate the actions described above in the “Use of information by stickK” section. You may receive notification emails from stickK, which inform you of actions performed on the site (e.g. friend requests and notifications).
- If you do not want to receive email from us, please visit the Notification Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive certain system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords and related to success and failure in on-going goals you have created for yourself) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us. If you wish to stop receiving these emails you may deactivate or suspend your account.
- If you have provided us information to invite a third party to the site or to be your referee or supporter, then we will automatically send that third party email inviting him or her to visit the site. Your friend may contact us here or through the link on the bottom of the email to request that we remove their information from our database.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
Local Storage Objects (HTML 5). We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative's website. You can also learn how to opt out of third-party advertisers' tracking methods in conjunction with links, online ads, etc. by visiting the advertisers' sites.
Sharing Your Information. Because stickK enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use stickK is an integral part of the stickK experience. Although we may share non-personal information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and website usage information with third parties, rest assured that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- : stickK personnel, approved academic researchers, authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of stickK business. This means that user information, including name, address, phone number, credit card details and Commitment Contract details may be used for the following reasons: responding to user requests, ensuring smooth operation of users’ Commitment Contracts, and/or modifying the Commitment Contract product to increase users’ success rates.
- : stickK employ third parties to perform functions on our behalf; examples include hosting or operating the stickK website, fulfilling orders for products and services purchased through the stickK websites, sending e-mail and/or other communications, providing wireless services, removing repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card payment processing, and customer service. These third parties may have access to your personal information for the purpose of performing such functions on the stickK’s behalf.
- : In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if stickK, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- : Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other stickK users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on stickK where we allow you to tell other stickK users about yourself and your interests.
- : stickK will allow third parties access to all stickK data that is already publicly available through the stickK website. stickK will keep private any passwords.
- : stickK may allow users to choose to share information with third parties, including marketers or electronic commerce providers through on-site offers.
- : stickK may also provide your personal information to your affiliated company if you have entered an Affiliate Code during registration or are otherwise a user of our corporate portal.
- : Except as noted above, stickK will not provide users' personal information to third parties or use it for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected without their prior permission.
Keeping Information Secure.
- The security of your information is of paramount importance to us. Your stickK account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. In addition, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information of our users, both during transmission and after we receive it. stickK strives to use reasonable security to protect your personal information, including use of encryption, firewalls, and hashing on select types of information collected by stickK. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers or bank account information) during the Commitment Contract creation process or on our order forms, we encrypt your information with reasonable security during transmission.
- You can enhance your security by protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information.
- You can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete your personal information that is on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records as part of our normal back-up procedures and so that we can comply with any future requests for such information in conjunction with future legal proceedings. You may also control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visitng the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, Contact Us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, if that is the case then we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why.
- You may request access to any Personal Information that we have collected that is not available on your User Profile page so that you may correct any inaccuracies or request deletion of that information; we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- You may also request deletion of your stickK account if you Contact Us. We will respond to requests within a reasonable timeframe.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- . We recommend that children age 13 to 18 talk with their parents before posting information about themselves on the Internet.
- . Children under age 13 are prohibited from registering to use the stickK website. If you are under 13 years old, please do not attempt to register with this site or send any information about yourself to us. stickK does not knowingly allow users under age 13 to register nor does stickK knowingly collect information about children under age 13. If we learn that stickK has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as reasonably possible. If you believe that stickK may have information from or about a child under 13 years old, please Contact Us.
- stickK.com, LLC
39 East 30th Street, Suite 4
New York, NY 10016
- Customer Service Phone Number: (347) 394-4960