Rock, paper, scissor is such a good way to settle it. Proud of you for all the points, but esp (3) and (4)
4 Apr 2013 03:16 PM
(1) Reply text: I am not the greatest at responding to text messages, esp if I don't reply right away. Ironically, though, I would probably respond promptly to Andy if he texted me. But anyway, Nicole texted me back upon arriving back to the states, and asked me how my spring break was. A couple days past, but I responded to her text Easter morning, and then we talked Sunday night. I am giving my self a pat on the back (or right on or whatever) for acting on how much I value Nicole as a friend. It was a hectic Sunday, but I was relaxed in taking two hours out of my day to catch up with her.
(2) Monday morning I said "hi" to a classmate that I never really talk to. Both of us know who each other are, but we just don't talk. On Monday morning we were waiting at the bus stop and we kept to each other. Also, I had a small assumption that this chick might not be very cool or friendly. But anyway, I talked to her when we stepped off from the bus to head to the law school. I asked her how her spring break was. And we small talked, but you know, she actually seemed very nice. I'm not saying I want to be BFFs with her, but she was nice.
(3) I swallowed by pride, and emailed Mike. This dating thing has been giving me a hard time lately--you know, those feelings of insecurity... But anyway, I'm working on it.
(4) When Mike didn't respond to me, I felt a bit shitty, which made me think about some of the guys that I might have left hanging. Upon thinking about this, I replied to Karthik...instead of leaving him hanging...explaining that I would like to hang out with him, just not this month.
(4) Tuesday- In LRW class, we were divided into groups. Each group had to designate a person to give an oral argument. I didn't want to do it. But I partially volunteered because I know my friend who is also an exchange students dreaded the thought of doing an oral argument on such short notice. So I volunteered to rock paper scissors the other person in our group to figure out who would go. I lost, and I did it.
13 Mar 2013 01:07 PM
Right on Wally and Wob
28 Feb 2013 09:24 PM
I want to give on a right-on to Wally for being a friendly, and well behaved host on Saturday.
I want to give a right-on to me for hosting a dinner party for 20 friends, singlehandedly despite an oven fire mishap.
And right-on to me, making a move on my "target".
22 Feb 2013 07:30 PM
Nice collateral effect of Right-on-Wednesdays is that it makes me more reflective in general, and not just about the things that I do right. But of course, the main point of ROW is to give myself a deserving pat on the back. So, lets’ get to it before I digress to other things.
- I am giving myself a right-on for thinking things through last Friday 2/15. I had presented my motion to my colleagues, and felt very insecure about exposing my draft to my cohorts. I did not feel good about myself because I was assuming that everyone felt as I did—that the motion was weak, and poorly done. But I was able to recognize that that I was (1) assuming that, and (2) that assumption was probably incorrect. The mind is a funny thing. It was funny that as people were filing out after class on 2/15, I saw my colleague Anita and the hot new journalism intern Mario talking. I don’t know what about, presumably a case. But that image made me feel yuck about myself. I was thinking of course Anita is talking to Mario, she is so perfect at everything—even flirting. And of course, Mario would not be interested in me… And of course, I am standing here alone like a loser… I took a walk after case staffing to get lunch and to think things through a little, and I was able to recognize the fictions that I created as what they were-- fictions… But my, how much power fiction can have… I could have got trapped in that negative train of thought longer, which would have affected my mood, actions, work efficiency… in a very negative way. That’s screwy because how much of my reality is actually fiction, and how much of that is stopping me from coming closer to my potential.
- I am giving myself a right-on for advocating for my client. At case-staffing everyone felt that the IAC claim I was making was viable. And people felt for my client. And my S.A. congratulated me for “convincing them”. I guess I didn’t think about it that way until he said it. I didn’t think that it was me that convinced them, for its just the fact of the matter. But facts have persuasive value. And I accept my S.A’s compliment because I did indeed do a good job in advocating for my client.
I’ll leave it here for this week in terms of the “right-ons”. I have a few other things I would like to say about the week. First, some parts of the week have been disappointing.
I got two parking tickets this week, I’ve been moving my car each morning—even side on even dates, odd side on odd dates. But one morning, I parked such that I was blocking someone’s garage. I simply did not look! I guess I was rushing to catch the bus, but still. The other time, I parked on Kendall on Thursday (on the right side considering it was an even day, and on was on even side) but I forgot that street cleaning is on Thursdays—its every Thursday(!) but I forgot. And so wham, bam, 65 dollars in one week. I’m not feeling great about that.
Another thing that I’ve been struggling with—for years and not just weeks is Andy. It bothers me that I don’t want something better for myself. Well, I do want something better for myself. But sometimes I believe that he is the best that I can get.
Its not that I Iove him. Rather, I think I have love within me that I want to give or express. And this is not simply me being horny, though that’s probably part of it. I have love I want to express. And I haven’t been able to do that with the guys that I have met. I can’t for example pet, kiss, hug Anthony. I think I’m really wanting to give my affection to someone. But I get frustrated that there is no avenue for release, except for Andy right now.
10 Feb 2013 06:19 PM
Stickk.com should allow users to post earlier than the designated date, for flexibility sake, and because for this week I'm reporting earlier. I did good this week by trying out for Mock Trial again, after the terrifying experience last year.
And I just did it 11:30 pm today. I could have done better. But I did it. I didn't stop in the middle and give up. I completed my delivery. And that was a personal accomplishment--beca use last time was embarrassing, and doing it over again required me facing a big fear of fucking up.
I wasn't keeping my try out a secret---its one of a number of things I have to get doen this week. But I didn't particularly mention it to Yun, or Mom because I didn't want to dwell on my nervousness--I just wanted to do it without thinking about it to much.
Anyway, that is my report for right-on wednesdays, but its actually sunday.
7 Feb 2013 03:46 PM
Good job. Point 1 is amazing. Point 2 is my fav. Good at catching yourself thinking that.
7 Feb 2013 03:44 PM
That's frustrating. I tried to put my report in yesterday, but that website was finicky. Real quick, then.
__ I moved class from Monday to Friday. Woohoo. More reason to bake baked goods for my class on Fridays.
__ I said hello and made nice small talk with this white chick b/c I caught myself thinking that this girl doesn't care for me.
__ Moved my car every single damn morning before I go to school. The year of the snake 2013--no parking tickets please!
31 Jan 2013 05:56 AM
1/30/13 _ Agreed to go out on Sunday afternoon with Kellian to watch her b/f play in his tango band, even though I am not the most comfortable with going out on a late notice
_ Phone call with difficult, emotional yet unemotional client, where I went beyond my lawyerly duties and told him that I acknowledge the difficulty, and the strength it must take to pursue his claim.
_ Scheduled counseling appt.
_ Lotsa yoga
_ Kept an open mind about seeing Anthony for a second date (though I was not the most cooperative during the date. Whatever. I don't care for bowling.)
_ Baked cookies for colleague
_ Stayed until late for LSRJ fundraiser.
_ Been following my drinking water (resolution/daily routine) goal. It is actually really helpful on mornings where I feel groggy--the hydration wakes me up a bit. I bought a plastic Wally-proof sippy cup.