menu

Green Initiatives

Save Our Planet. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Go Green. We've heard a thousand slogans asking us to do our part for planet Earth, but are we really listening? Commit to changing the little things in our lives that make a big difference for our environment. It's time to start caring.

1K
Members
3K
Successful Reports
Don't blow it - good planets are hard to find.
- Quoted in Time Magazine

Community Journal: Green Initiatives

  • Paultroger Jan 22, 2019, 4:38 PM
    "I talked to a member of the telecommunication services department an he invited me to join them on two occasions during february: on a training on 6 February, and on a meeting on 22 or 23 (tba) February. This is good news as it means I will soon get to know the folks from the department that I chose for my voluntary commitment in 2019. I hope they will accept me to their team and will find an interesting job for me to do."
    View my Commitment
  • cosidinej1 Jan 21, 2019, 4:28 PM
    "Can't make this Thursday meeting but I'll read the slides"
    View my Commitment
  • cosidinej1 Jan 21, 2019, 4:24 PM
    "Using Strava to monitor my walking. e.g. drove to Aquinas then walked down town and out rather than driving whole way. Moved 10% of retirement portfolio to DFA Sustainable Funds (after 9 months of research) "Features" of my existing workplace retirement plan kept this money as cash for 25 days - as the market rebounded. - thinking of dollar averaging the remaining 90% Signed up to invest 10k in local solar panel projects via Chart House Energy. My son Liam in Amsterdam is coming in halves on this one. We want to sell our 2015 Prius C, replacing with a used cheap Electric vehicle (used Leaf?). Keeping our 2009 Prius as our long distance car. No concrete plan there yet. Have booked holiday in Europe (see family and a family wedding) - sorry Mother Earth Trying to pin down our solar panel installer for a date to install 3 more panels. "
    View my Commitment
  • Coombsy_ Jan 21, 2019, 8:18 AM
    "No progress made. Need to figure out how to start! By next week. "
    View my Commitment
Your feedback has been sent. Thank you!