menu
Alison2310
Stop Wasting Money Star this Commitment
Week 18 of 50

Alison2310 commits to:
1) Being in credit in my Current Account at the end of each month and not robbing other accounts to achieve this.
2) Not spending money on wasteful things or other people that make me feel remorseful or stupid afterwards.
3) Making sure I get back what I'm owed by people or work
Details
14
3
Last reported: Not Successful
Next report due:
May 23
12:00 AM GMT
Commitment Journal
Alison2310
Alison2310
May 16, 2019, 8:59 AM
Sadly, I have failed on all of the 3 parts of this commitment this week. I moved a big chunk of funds from my Savings account that has been doing so well over the last year, to stop my Current Acc going over-drawn - and it's only the middle of May! I have been incredibly wasteful with instant fripperies for B&B and I've also bought things for my sister's birthday that I didn't intend to and, lastly, I put myself forward to help my brother-in-law with decorations and cake sourcing for my sister's birthday - he offered to pay me and I've declined that...I've also done loads of research work for SES through Tangerine and have not invoiced them yet. This is terrible and I feel so remorseful.

One thing that did work out were the refunds I'm owed for some clothes that didn't fit and Mum paying me (by cheque!) for the £7 she owed me for Celia's chocolates. Something has to change in my head or I will fall into very bad ways in 99% of my life (the remaining good 1% is my marriage).
Therefore, here are my scores:
1) Current Acc in Credit/No input from other Accs = F, 2) No wasteful spend (feel remorse) = F, 3) People owing me = D. Therefore, I give myself the following Grade = E (big fail)
Alison2310
Alison2310
May 13, 2019, 10:47 AM
After a really good run, for almost a year, I feel so remorseful that I've let my finances get the better of me again. I already know that I've failed myself this week but I have spent the morning getting myself back to a point where I can start again and try to stop wasting money and having to dip into my savings. In the grand scheme of things, I haven't had to transfer much across to to cover the shortfall and it has been a particularly expensive month. I must remember to make sure I have enough funds in May next year to cover the car service, MOT and Karen's birthday. I do feel a bit calmer now I've sorted it out but I must get back to winning ways.
Alison2310
Alison2310
May 9, 2019, 9:20 AM
So, after last week's dreadful result, I'm now feeling a bit more in control. However, I do have a little hill to climb but it's very do-able (if that's even a word!).
Here are my scores for the week:
1) Current Acc in Credit = C (I bit the bullet and put some money back in but that's a good thing), 2) No wasteful spend (feel remorse) = C (Star Wars figures...iffy), 3) People owing me = C (SES - I need to get a move on with that and Mum owes me for Celia's chocolates). Therefore, I give myself the following Grade = C (a marginal pass)
Alison2310
Alison2310
May 2, 2019, 8:30 AM
I've already posted that I've failed myself this week and I have looked back across the last 6 months to see if I am actually in a bad state compared to this time each month....and, there are no two ways about it....I'm not in good shape in my Current Account but I'm loathed to rob my successful savings account and undo all the good work I've done.

Again I've been terribly wasteful and have spent money on myself in the pursuit of Blonde & Beyond and The PommyGranites. Now I have to stop doing this as I have a very big month coming up with my car service and Karen's birthday. I am going to padlock my Credit Card too; it's way too easy to put things on my card but that drains me for the following month, so I do need to place a limit on what I can spend. Maybe I need a pot of money just for my fripperies - called "Fripperies".
So, I have failed - take it on the chin - here is my Grade for the week:
1) Current Acc in Credit = F (virtual negative £85.77), 2) No wasteful spend (feel remorse) = C, 3) People owing me = D (I need to charge SES soon for the work I've done for them). Therefore, I give myself the following Grade: E (Significant Fail)
  • Feb 1, 2019
Displaying 1-4 of 17 results.
May 9 to May 16
Not Successful
Not Successful
May 2 to May 9
Successful
Success
April 25 to May 2
Not Successful
Not Successful
April 18 to April 25
Successful
Success
Recipient of Stakes
Anti-charity (Political: The Fabian Society (Labour))
To change the Recipient of Stakes for your Stop Wasting Money Commitment, enter their email address or stickK username below.
Total at stake: $250.00
Stakes per period: $5.00
Remaining Stakes: $165.00
Total Money Lost: $15.00
Referee
Supporters
.